This two-day course teaches members of Agile Release Trains how to work in a SAFe environment using Scrum, Kanban, and XP. Participants will experience being Agile teams, learn to write stories and break features, as well as how to plan and execute iterations. Participants will also learn about Agile Release Train and their role in it, planning program increments, integrating with other teams in the program and improving as a train.
Attending the class prepares participants to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Practitioner (SP).
This class is delivered by or principle consultant, Colm O’hEocha, a certified SAFe Program Consultant (SPC4).
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Team members who apply Lean and Agile at Scale
- All members of an Agile Release Train about to launch
After this course, you should be able to:
- Operate as member of an Agile team on an Agile Release Train
- Plan iterations
- Execute iterations and demo value
- Improve your team and train processes
- Plan Program Increments
- Integrate and work with other teams on the train
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®)
- Being an Agile Team
- Building the backlog
- Planning a Program Increment
- Executing Iterations
SAFe® Practitioner (SP) certification
SAFe® Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- A SAFe Practitioner certificate
- One-year certified membership as a SAFe Practitioner
What You Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbooks
- Access to the SAFe® 4 Practitioner Exam – requires course attendance
- Exam Name: SAFe® 4 Practitioner Exam
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice, True/False
- Exam Delivery: Web-based; Open Book
- Exam Access: First attempt free within 30 days from course completion date
- Exam Duration: Candidates have 30 days from course completion date to answer all questions and submit their exam
- Number of Questions: 60
- Passing Score: 39 (65%)
- Sample Test Questions
Renewals are from the date of certification
- Renewal fee: $100
- 10 continuing education/outreach hours
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 Continuing Education – Strategic PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications.
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
For further details see the Scaled Agile Framework website.